Saturday, December 29, 2012

Southern Skillet BBQ Pork



Southern Skillet BBQ Pork served with White Rice and Corn.

This was a last minute meal, a recipe I found on the package of pork. It comes from Easy Fresh Cooking. <--click for the original recipe.

    


1 package of bone in pork chops (this was from walmart, 6 in the pack)
1/2 cup of Italian Dressing
1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
2 table spoons of Cajun Shake Seasoning
2 table spoons of cooking oil (optional)





I placed the Dressing, BBQ Sauce and Cajun Seasoning in a measuring cup, mixed it after the picture. (See it went a little over 1 cup. Oops!)



I poured my mixture over the pork chops. You can marinate these overnight, but because this was last minute, I opted for the 30 minutes.



I heated 2 table spoons of cooking oil in the skillet. Those chops were a little big, so I cooked in two batches. Before placing them in the skillet, I held them up and let the excess sauce fall back into the bowl. I then cooked them on medium to high heat, the # 8 on my stove. Because of the size and thickness of the chops, I cooked/browned them all on both sides, 5 to 7 mins EACH SIDE. Of course if you use thinner chops, less time.



Here, you can see that they are browned.



After both batches have been browned, I put them all back in the skillet and poured my left over sauce on top of them. I let them simmer on a low to medium heat, # 4 on my stove. Because of the size and thickness of these chops, I let them simmer for about 20 minutes, rearranging and turning them half way to insure they were cooked thoroughly. Of course with thinner chops, the times are shorter.


My End Result!

This was super easy and something I would serve again!

Pin It!



Thank you for viewing my first blog entry <3








No comments:

Post a Comment