Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin



This is one of my pictures posted on Facebook. I did collages or end result pictures instead of posting individual pictures. 
I will have a few of these, but for future cooking, I will photograph and list the individual steps.



I credit Kraft for this recipe.

This was another easy one, not too many ingredient and things I actually had on hand.
I followed this recipe with no changes, except to double glaze because I had 2 tenderloins, and I may have used one or two more pieces of bacon per tender. I tried to cover them completely. The amount would depend on the size of your tenderloins.

Ingredients

5-7 slices of Smoked Uncured Bacon
1 pork tenderloin (around 1lb.)
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of apple juice
1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
A dash of nutmeg

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Line a pan with foil, spray lightly with cooking oil. (there are types of foil where cooking spray isn't needed.)
  3. Lightly season the meat with salt(optional) and pepper. While most recipes are good, the meats sometimes lack..flavor, which a little salt and pepper can help.
  4. Wrap the bacon around your tenderloins. I wrapped them to where the last end of the bacon was on the bottom of the tenders, against the pan.
  5. Put in oven, uncovered, to bake around 20-25 minutes.
  6. Mix and bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan on the stove. Medium heat, #4-6 on my stove.
  7. Halfway through the tenderloin cooking, baste the bacon wrapped meat with the glaze. Place in back in the oven for the second half of time, this time loosely covered with foil.


After a few minutes of letting it cool, it's ready to serve!

This is something I would serve again. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment