Thursday, January 3, 2013

Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken


Thank you Table for Two for the meal idea!

Now here's my take on it.













Ingredients
6 Chicken thighs
garlic salt and pepper
cornstarch
1-1/2 cups of honey
1/2 cup of ketchup
3/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of red pepper
3/4 cup of diced onion

____________________________________________

Get out your chicken thighs!



Take off the skin and as much fat as you can. (I hate this part!)
While the chicken is by itself, go ahead and season it with garlic salt and pepper.




Now to mix up your sauce/glaze.
Mix your remaining ingredients up
(honey, ketchup, soy sauce, red pepper, onions and oil)



You can go ahead and place your chicken and the crock pot and pour the glaze over it.
I chose to ziplock and marinate, I wasn't quite ready to cook it yet!
I let it sit about 4 hours.



And to the crockpot it goes! (High setting)



2 HOURS later..
I take the thighs out, using a fork to separate the meat from the bone.
It's tender, takes very little effort.



I then add my cornstarch. It's like flour, used to thicken foods.
I used 2 tablespoons, 1/4 cup of water to mix and added it to the crock pot.
It's up to you how much you use, you may want it thicker or thinner.
I let it continue to cook on high for 30 more minutes.



And there you have,
CROCK POT HONEY BOURBON CHICKEN


Not bad at all, except next time I think I'm going for the boneless, skinless chicken!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment